I will give you my perspective on energy medicine based on the teachings I have received and my experiences.
The body has a Luminous Energy Field, LEF around it. The LEF informs the body on 4 levels.
From a Shamanistic point of view there are 4 perceptual levels of the body:
- Spirit – Soul, Higher-Self, I think you get the idea.
- Soul/Energetic – chakras and the body’s energy system
- Mental/Emotional – thoughts and emotions i.e. fear, anger sadness, joy, glass half full vs. glass half empty thoughts and perspectives.
- Physical – body parts – arm, leg, torso, head, etc.
So, the Spirit level gives us the 10,000 feet view, the lay of the land and informs the Energetic level.
The Energetic level informs the Mental/Emotional body.
The Mental/Emotional level informs the Physical.
This means whatever is in the LEF will eventually show up in the Physical field/body unless it is released.
Within the body are energy centers aka chakras. The most well-known major chakras are:
- 1st – located at the coccyx
- 2nd – located about 4 fingers width below the navel
- 3rd – located at the solar plexus
- 4th – located at the heart complex
- 5th – located in the throat area
- 6th – located at the third eye
- 7th – located at the crown.
Each chakra governs certain aspects of our bodies and the 4 perceptual levels mentioned above. When dealing with an issue of any kind a correlating chakra and sometimes more than one will be affected. By clearing the chakra and releasing the energy of that issue from the LEF, an environment for healing is created.